A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Early access to RetroRange, as an FYI this Early Access is not complete and is subject to change. Current build release as of 10/25/22.
RetroRange is a casual retro cyberpunk sandbox first-person shooter with object destructive physics.
Check it out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2140150/RetroRange/
Want to play the free demo? https://aaron788.itch.io/retrorange-free-demo
If you are looking for a Casual shooter experience then look no further than RetroRange. A variety of firearms to choose from and lots of different objects to shoot and pick up and move around.
Shooting: Firearms included are Pistol, AK, Auto Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Pump Shotgun
RetroRange is a small-scope game with about a 5-minute experience, the idea was to create a sandbox shooting range, set up with a retro synthwave, cyberpunk theme. The two main features focused on in this game are shooting and objects that can be picked up moved and thrown. The range is equipped with various weapon pick-ups, ammo, and health packs. Also, it includes a few different targets to shoot with some destructible objects that can be picked up and moved. The idea of this project is to build a good FPS foundation with basic core features to be able to use in future projects.
If you are looking to learn more about RetroRange, the following listing below includes more in-depth details about the game. I will update this list as needed until the project is complete.
Developer & Producer: 788 Garage Studio
Game engine: Unity (Version 2020.3.3f1)
Features/Content implemented (As of 9/13/22):
- Player controller (First person) - Opsive U.C.C.
- First Person Arms - Generic Animations
- Weapon Pickups (Firearms) - pistol, AK, auto shotgun, pump shotgun, sniper rifle (All have aiming down sights. Sniper has aiming scope ability. All re-spawn.)
- Ammo Pickups - for each firearm, pistol, AK, auto shotgun, pump shotgun, sniper rifle (all re-spawn)
- Health pack pickups (all re-spawn)
- Intractable Objects that can be picked up and moved (Physics collides with appropriate colliders.)
- Targets (With health system and re-spawning. Specific position hit with damage multiplier. One target with hinged physic.)
- Stereo with on/off music
- Tooney Colors 2 (Shader by Jean Moreno)
- Added more objects (objects to pick up, move, and destroy)(Add collision sounds)
- Free demo client (Live, I will update the demo alongside the full game.)
- Credits listing - (Completed, Need to update as Patreon and Kickstarter support)
- Language Translation - Lean Localization (Carlos Wilkes) The following languages are now available English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
The following are Assets used in the project:
Playmaker (HuHutong Games), Shooting Range (Tirgames Assets), Animation Designer (Fimpossible Creations), U-Motion (Soxware Interactive), Low Poly Asset Bundle (JustCreate), Low Poly Weapons Vol. 1 (Simon Mercuzot), Sci-Fi Arsenal (Chiako3D[a.k.a CGi]), Cartoon FX 2 (Jean Moreno), Epic Toon FX (Archanor VFX), Ultimate Sound FX (Sidearm Studios), Ultimate Music Bundle (Sidearm Studios), Dark Fantasy Studio (Music), Gun & Explosion Sounds (Cafofo), Highlight Plus (Kronnect), UI Samples Unity Tech., Retro Aesthetics (Dustyroom), Impact - Physics Interaction System (Road Turtle Games), Synty Studio 3D Model Packs, Lean Localization (Carlos Wilkes)
Features/Content Planned (as of 9/13/22):
- Main menu, in-game menu - update UI elements to match the theme (Completed other than controls menu)
- Options - Key binding Controller/Keyboard/Mouse with mouse sensitivity adjust (Rewired - Guavaman Enterprises)
- Steam Achievements (for steam version)
- More Level gameplay, (going to extend the range to outdoors with more gameplay, destructive objects, and obstacle course.)
Want to stay up to date on news, content, and release info? Click the following link for Mailchimp sign-up forms. http://eepurl.com/h7l9jr
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/GT2dYdTb Use the discord to report bugs and feedback!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.